What's new

Dev Message Upcoming Plans for Konga Beat, Konga Launcher, and GCNTools

parham

Administrator
Staff member
It's been a while! Since my last update, I finally finished my graduate program. I took that opportunity to refocus my efforts on Gamequbed and start the game project I had been sketching out during the earlier part of the year.

The end result of my work so far has been a website on the cusp of a relaunch and a promising game prototype that I plan on using for local playtests. Only a small portion of my time during this period has been allocated to Konga Beat, Konga Launcher, and GCNTools. I wanted to address that directly, as I want to be clear that none of these projects are being abandoned.

With Konga Beat, I feel pretty happy with where it is now. Barring any bugs or quality-of-life issues I hear about from the community, I do not expect to release any major updates in the immediate future. My current plan is to release an update that upgrades the engine from Unity 6 to 7 to take advantage of CoreCLR when that becomes available. Updates from that point onward will either fix bugs or address any compatibility issues that might arise with running Konga Beat on modern operating systems. As part of this process, I will continue to check that Konga Beat runs on the most recent versions of Windows and Fedora. Even if there are no new features planned, I want Konga Beat to continue receiving updates that ensure longevity and stability.

My plans for Konga Launcher remain unchanged. I'm still preparing to open source the project. There are also some features I would like to implement before considering it functionally complete (version 1.0), including improvements to the UI and better game management support.

Likewise, GCNTools will continue to receive feature updates. Namely, I would like to chip away at some of the features I touched on in the roadmap. I don't have any details yet, but I will explore that in greater detail next year.

There is also one specific area that I would like to continue working on across all three of these projects (Konga Beat, Konga Launcher, GCNTools): documentation. I want to make them as easy to use as possible. Part of that means providing the proper resources for getting started. This will be an ongoing process.

While I'm in a new phase focused on other projects, I have not forgotten the ones that came before. Expect Konga Beat, Konga Launcher, and GCNTools to receive support over the upcoming year and beyond.
 
Back
Top